CARD LOST OR EXPIRED VISA is a category of visa which is required by those applicants whose Spanish Resident Card has been lost, stolen or has expired while remaining outside of Spain.
Who is eligible?
Spanish Resident Card holders whom, while remaining outside of Spain, have lost their Resident Card, have had it stolen, or has expired and need to travel back to Spain.
|Category of Visa
||Rates in BDT
||Visa fees (For Adult)
|Visa fees (Between 6-12 years old)
|Children between 0-6 years (until the age of 6 years minus one day)
The visa fee is subject to change without notice.
- There is a service charge of BDT 1,463 (Inclusive of VAT) levied per application over and above the visa fees.
- The visa fee can be paid in the form of demand draft issued from Standard Chartered Bank only favouring “Embassy of Spain, Dhaka”
- The visa application centre offers an optional service at a nominal additional cost:
|Visa Collection Fee by cash
||BDT 10 Per page
|Photo Booth service
||BDT 200 for 4 photos
- Visa Fee charges, BLS service charges and all optional services are to be paid in cash only in Bangladeshi Taka. (Inclusive VAT)
- The Fees are non-refundable.
- One Schengen (1) application form (filled in using capital letters with a blue or black ball point pen by the applicant) (The first visa form should be filled in original and a photocopy can be made of the other one). The mail address and a telephone number where the applicant can be contacted must be clearly stated in the application form.
- Passport with validity at least four months. Clear photocopy of bio data pages. Passports should have at least two blank pages. If immediate previous passport is lost then a G.D (English) copy for thatpassport is required.
- Two passport-size color photographs (35 mm x 45 mm), full face, no glasses, no head-dress and plain white background should be pasted on the right side of each form.
- Medical certificate where it must be mentioned that the Applicant is free from any Communicable diseases. This certificate must be legalized by Ministry of foreign affairs (MOFA) and afterwards translated in Spanish language.
- Police clearance certificate with photograph from the Home ministry of Bangladesh. This certificate must be legalized by Ministry of Foreign affairs (MOFA) and afterwards translated in Spanish language.
- GD copy from the Bangladesh authority in English if the Resident card has been lost or stolen.
- Copy of the resident card.
- Copy of Departure and Arrival seal pages of passport from Spain to Dhaka.
- Flight reservation which one already been traveled from Spain to Dhaka.
- Expected new flight reservation (Embassy will ask if necessary).
- Any document that shows the residence in Spain.
Visa applicants who are not Bangladeshi nationals have to present the same documents as listed above.
The must also present a valid Bangladesh residence permit and re-entry visa into Bangladesh valid for at least 3 months after the expiry date of the Schengen visa.
Applicants, submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
- The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Use plain light-coloured background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old.
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly.
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- The picture dimensions must be 240 pixels wide by 320 pixels high at least. A smaller picture will be rejected. For instance, a photo being 235 pixels by 320 pixels is not valid.
- On the other hand, the photo should keep a proportion of 3 x 4 (width x height) within limits. However, 250 x 340 pixels picture would be valid, but not a 290 x 340 pixels one.
- Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes.
- An image resolution is measured in DPI (dots per inch) and it's mainly used to control printing quality. Therefore, higher resolution means better printing quality.
- Photos resolution should be 300 dpi, so, when you scan the image, check this parameter carefully. However, bear in mind that the higher the resolution, the bigger the picture.
- The only image format accepted is JPEG (Join Photograph Expert Grup Format). The other image formats such as BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, etc. will be rejected (a warning will be shown).
Attaching the Photo to the Application form
- Glue one photograph to the application form in the designated space.
Note : If children are traveling with their parents and are included inside the passport of the mother and/or the father, one photograph for each children MUST be glued to the application form of the father or the mother, depending on whom are they traveling with.
Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photograph presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
BLS work is primarily administrative in nature; we have no say on whether you will be granted a visa and how long it will take to process your application, as this is entirely the prerogative of the Embassy or Consulate. Please note as per the instructions received from Embassy of Spain minimum processing time is 15 Calendar days (which may be delayed depending on case to case).
The forms and Information Leaflet are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this form.
Click on the form and Information Leaflet link
When the form and Information leaflet opens, save the form and Information leaflet on your computer.
Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
Select Save Target As from the list
Save the form and Information Leaflet on your computer.