Visa for Seamen allows you to stay a maximum of five days in the Schengen area, prior to travelling onwards to a country located outside the borders of the Schengen area.
|Category of Visa
||Rates in BDT
|Visa fees (For Adult)
|Visa fees (Between 6-12 years old)
|Children between 0-6 years (until the age of 6 years minus one day)
The visa fee is subject to change without notice.
- There is a service charge of BDT 1,463 (Inclusive of VAT) levied per application over and above the visa fees.
- The visa fee can be paid in the form of demand draft issued from Standard Chartered Bank only favouring “Embassy of Spain, Dhaka”
- The visa application centre offers an optional service at a nominal additional cost:
|Visa Collection Fee by cash
||200 BDT for 04 Photographs
|Photocopy -Black and White
||10 BDT per page
||155 BDT per passport
|Courier within city
||800 BDT per passport.
|Courier outside city
||1500 BDT per passport
||750 BDT per form filled
- Visa Fee charges, BLS service charges and all optional services are to be paid in cash only in Bangladeshi Taka. (Inclusive VAT)
- The Fees are non-refundable.
- Passport with a validity of at least 6 months beyond the date of intended stay (original valid passport & original expired passports). Clear photocopy of biodata pages and all Schengen/UK/USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA visa pages, as well as Refusal seal pages of the passport/s, both present and previous. If immediate previous passport is lost then a G.D (English) copy for that passport is required.
- One Schengen (1) application form (filled in using capital letters with a blue or black ball point pen by the applicant) (The first visa form should be filled in original and a photocopy can be made of the other one). The mail address and a telephone number where the applicant can be contacted must be clearly stated in the application form.
- Two passport-size color photographs (35 mm x 45 mm), full face, no glasses, no head-dress and plain white background should be pasted on the right side of each form.
- A copy of flight booking for the entire sector of travel.
- Original Bank Statement (Personal and company) for the last 3 months which should be updated. The statements should be signed by the bank / branch manager and should be bear seal / stamp of the bank / branch manager. Bank statement may not be older than 3 days.
- “Anejo II: Form for seamen in transit subject to visa requirements" issued by "The port border crossing point" duly filled and stamped by the competent authorities.
- Original letter from the local agents.
- Original letter from the agents in Spain.
- Copy of continuous discharge book.
- The expected schedule of the total voyage (Ship).
- Proof of travel insurance (original & photocopy), for a minimum of 30,000 Euros, to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and / or emergency hospital treatment. The insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the Member States and cover the entire duration of the travel i.e. Bangladesh to Bangladesh. Click here to download "EMBASSY APPROVED INSURANCE COMPANY LIST"
Visa applicants who are not Bangladeshi nationals have to present the same documents as listed above.
The must also present a valid Bangladesh residence permit and re-entry visa into Bangladesh valid for at least 3 months after the expiry date of the Schengen visa.
Applicants, submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
- The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Use plain light-coloured background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old.
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly.
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- The picture dimensions must be 240 pixels wide by 320 pixels high at least. A smaller picture will be rejected. For instance, a photo being 235 pixels by 320 pixels is not valid.
- On the other hand, the photo should keep a proportion of 3 x 4 (width x height) within limits. However, 250 x 340 pixels picture would be valid, but not a 290 x 340 pixels one.
- Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes.
- An image resolution is measured in DPI (dots per inch) and it's mainly used to control printing quality. Therefore, higher resolution means better printing quality.
- Photos resolution should be 300 dpi, so, when you scan the image, check this parameter carefully. However, bear in mind that the higher the resolution, the bigger the picture.
- The only image format accepted is JPEG (Join Photograph Expert Grup Format). The other image formats such as BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, etc. will be rejected (a warning will be shown).
Attaching the Photo to the Application form
- Glue one photograph to the application form in the designated space.
Note : If children are traveling with their parents and are included inside the passport of the mother and/or the father, one photograph for each children MUST be glued to the application form of the father or the mother, depending on whom are they traveling with.
Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photograph presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
BLS work is primarily administrative in nature; we have no say on whether you will be granted a visa and how long it will take to process your application, as this is entirely the prerogative of the Embassy or Consulate. Please note as per the instructions received from Embassy of Spain minimum processing time is 15 Calendar days (which may be delayed depending on case to case).
The forms and Information Leaflet are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this form.
Click on the form and Information Leaflet link
When the form and Information leaflet opens, save the form and Information leaflet on your computer.
Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
Select Save Target As from the list
Save the form and Information Leaflet on your computer.